Frequently asked questions
1. What is classified as large eggs?
- Use the freshest eggs you can get, large eggs: are about 60 grams in weight.
- Small eggs: are about 40 grams in weight
2. What kind of vinegar to use (for the red velvet cupcake mix)?
- White distilled vinegar would be best, or apple cider vinegar. You want the acid in the vinegar to drawn out the red in the cocoa powder.
3. Why is the red velvet cupcakes not red?
- There is no artificial colouring in our baking mixes. So for the red velvet cupcakes we used an old fashioned method of adding white vinegar to the cupcake batter. The acid in the vinegar will drawn out the red anthocyanin in the cocoa powder, resulting in a reddish tint cupcakes. There will be no red garish cupcakes.
- However, should you wish to increase the “redness” you can choose add red colouring on your own or add in a few spoonsful of beetroot juice.
4. Baking time is longer than the recommended time. Why?
- Ensure that the oven is preheated at required temperature for a good 10-15mins before putting in the cupcakes to bake.
5. Uneven baking (one side of cupcakes are browning more than the other side)
- Some oven tend to make spots which are hotter than other spots. So, rotate the cupcake tins during halfway of the baking.
1. What are the shipping costs?
- A flat handling fee of RM 4.00 for all orders.
- A shipping rate of RM 0.30 per 100grams weight.
2. How are my orders shipped?
- All orders will be delivered via Registered Post Malaysia (with a tracking number) to ensure that you will receive your order.
3. How long will take for my order to arrive?
- As soon as we receive your order and confirm the receipt of payment we will ship it to you the next business day. Kindly allow up to 3-5 working days for the arrival of your package.
4. Do you do international shipping?
- Sorry for the meantime, delivery is only available for Peninsula Malaysia only, excluding Sarawak and Sabah. We are looking to ship to the other countries as well and will keep you updated soon.
For any other questions, feedback and queries: do contact us via facebook/email/ website
We would love to you hear from you.