I’ve got this recipe from my sister a couple of weeks ago, and have been meaning to try it. Until today, I made a batch. It is best eaten when it’s still hot, that way, you get the ozzey caramel filling inside. -Be careful though, not to scald your tongue.
The only thing I would change since making it the first time is: I would add more caramel filling. Instead of making my own caramel filling, I cheated and used soft caramel chews for the similar effect. (easier too)
Recipe: Cheat’s mini chocolate cakes with salted caramel filling
- 1 R Little Cakebox Chocolate cupcake mix
- Werther’s original soft caramel chews (i bought my from BIG supermarket)
- sea salt (for sprinkling)
- 56g melted butter
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 2 small eggs
- cream butter in mixer until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, milk and chocolate cupcake mix and whisk until mixture is smooth with no visible lumps.
- fill cupcake liners with chocolate cake batter up to 1/3 first, then add 2 caramel soft chews per cupcake (be careful not to push the caramel chews all the way to the bottom) sprinkle with some sea salt then cover with more chocolate cake batter until the cupcake liners are 2/3 filled.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean with no crumbs. (Best eaten when warm)